Each year Portage Plains United Way reserves a portion of their fundraising campaign to be used for their Community Response Fund. The Community Response fund is designed to be able to provide funding, additional to our Member Agencies, to other nonprofit organizations, programs, and initiatives in our catchment area.
Grants from the community response fund can be applied for at any time of the year and are available for up to a maximum of $5,000. Applications need to be submitted to Portage Plains United Way at least 60 days prior to the start of the project.
Key Factors considered for funding are:
- New & Unique ways to identify and meet community needs
- Responsive to changing needs and emerging community conditions
- Community driven for a target population or befits the entire population.
Criteria required for funding includes:
- Serves a need in the Portage Plains United Way Catchment Area
- Applicant is a non profit
- Provides a human and or social service not otherwise duplicated in the community
Click Here for an Application or call our office at 204-857-4440 for more information.